Our most recent inspection by Ofsted was in March 2016 when the school was rated as ‘Good’.
Ofsted inspectors rated the school as ‘Good’ because:
- “School leaders, including governors, know the school well and have made important changes: their determination moves the school forward.”
- “The headteacher and assistant headteachers have created a culture of high expectations for all, resulting in significant improvements to the quality of teaching and pupils’ outcomes.”
- “Teachers guide pupils to reflect on the progress they have made and the next steps in their learning. Each pupil is challenged with work neither too hard nor too easy. As a result, pupils of all ages make consistently strong progress, particularly in reading, writing and mathematics.”
- “Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong. Pupils are well prepared for secondary school.”
- “Pupils behave well and the school is an orderly community. They work together harmoniously.”
- “Pupils say they feel safe and happy at school, and that they are well cared for.”
You can read the full Ofsted report here.